Tuesday, January 11, 2011

taking it in

These days, it feels like I am taking in much more than I am giving out. I'm not sure why this is. When I was blogging during November, I could hardly wait to post each day. Nap time would roll around and I would get my tea and set myself up on the couch with the computer. I would type away, almost sad when the post was done.
Then I was interrupted.
Starting over this month, I haven't hit my stride yet. All I want to do is knit and crochet (and drink my tea!). When nap time rolls around, I want to read or knit or bake or (rarely) clean. I'm longing for time to take in all that is occurring around me. I still come up with posts in my mind and have lots to share with you, it's just that when I have the chance to write, I don't really want to.
What's up with that?
I let myself skip a day on Sunday because of this. Today, I let myself bake (I am the muffin mama after all!) and clean and read during nap time. So now I am writing in the evening after Cordelia is in bed when I could be relaxing with my husband. Not so good.
Today, I decided that this daily writing thing is a discipline and as such, I need to just keep doing it. Every day. A discipline can not change or shape me if I don't stick with it.
See you tomorrow!!

No comments: